Sunday 4 December 2011

Yule Goddess decoration

Ok, so I finally finished my Goddess decoration. I already made one last year using different coloured felt but I found some red felt and some silvery thread at the bottom of my sewing box. They are really easy to make.

All I did first was draw out a template on paper of a 'goddess' shape. I've tried Google but couldn't find one I liked so did it free hand. Draw around the shape twice onto felt and cut out. Then have a go at embroidering a design on the body and the arms. I was inspired by this one http://www.examiner.com/domestic-witchery-in-national/snow-goddess-ornament though I've done others in the past with a triple moon symbol or a pentacle. I also used some beads from an old top (the ones that come in a little bag on new clothes!). Then use overcasting stitches to sew together, leaving a small hole to put stuffing into (I used old rags and felt off cuts). I then sewed a length of ribbon on top to hang on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment